Sunday, March 4, 2012

DI-Why

I woke up one day this summer feeling the need to become crafty. It just so happened to be the day that a 50% off event at Roberts was going on. Those events might have actually occurred in reverse order...

But none-the-less, I took a trip to the craft store, bought me some paper, paints, and mod podge, grabbed some frames from the DI, and went to town in the basement, letting newly-awakened, domestication gene get to work.

It went a little something like this....



I was pretty pleased with my first craft attempt and went crazy on the frames for about a week. And that was the end of that.

Now... if I were being honest with myself, I might tell you that I don't make these things a priority and invest the time I need to. But for now I think I'll stick with the story that school leaves me no time for anything.

But I waste all this time that I could be crafting, checking out the blogs of  people that do have time (make time) for it. And as I read today of their obsession with bunting, I thought to myself--you need to be working on your paper.

So I did.



I don't think my engineering professor will be too entertained. But hey, I felt pretty good about it. I think it's the start of a whole new level of multi-tasking.

Crafting.... here I come.

1 comment:

  1. This makes me laugh... because it totally reminds me of me. Looking at craft blogs/newlywed blogs/DIY blogs has become my new obsession. So much for getting rid of facebook, right?

    Anywho, if you want to keep up with the Attermann's, her's our new blog:
    thejourneyofboyandgirl.blogspot.com

    I'm glad to be a "part of your life without really being a part of your life." :) Too funny.

    ReplyDelete